- 3.1 Science? Not my cup of tea!
- 3.2 Rate your ‘capital’
- 3.3 Science capital
- 3.4 Case Study: Mr Okello’s class
- 3.5 Who has science capital?
- 3.6 There is no general public
- 3.7 Audience segmentation
- 3.8 Case Study: A V&A museum exhibition
- 3.9 Tailoring to specific needs and interests
- 3.10 Tailoring activity
- 3.11 Bonus Homework
- Audiences Quiz
3.5 Who has science capital?
You are running a Cafe Scientifique in a local coffee shop near a UK university. The event will involve a male speaker talking about their research into particle physics (using his standard set of slides), followed by a Q and A with the audience.
For each characteristic, select which is the most appropriate ‘capital’ for this kind of field.
Remember, this is not a questions of who you think should be comfortable in this environment but who might feel more out of place in this environment based on traditional and existing UK culture.
Now take a look at some of our answers: